Recognition of degrees issued by a foreign educational institution for use in Vietnam (hereinafter referred to as “degree recognition”) is the recognition of a learner’s qualifications recorded on the degree according to the education system of the country where the foreign educational institution locates its head office and determines the level equivalent to the training qualifications specified in the Vietnam National Qualifications Framework.
According to the provisions of Circular No. 13/2021/TT-BGDDT, the recognition of degrees issued by foreign educational institutions shall be carried out at the request of the degree holder or a human resource management agency, a labor management unit with the consent of the degree holder (hereinafter referred to as the “applicant”).
In Vietnam, the recognition of medical degrees issued by foreign educational institutions is carried out in the following order:
Step 1: Prepare documents
The applicant chooses one of the following two types of documents:
- Electronic documents: documents are presented in the form of electronic files that has been notarized and authenticated by electronic signatures according to regulations;
- Paper documents: documents are presented on paper, notarized and authenticated according to regulations.
Components of the application:
- Application form for recognition of degrees issued by foreign educational institutions (declaring information online, then printing if submitting paper documents);
- One (01) notarized translation into Vietnamese of the degrees to be recognized;
- One (01) notarized translation into Vietnamese of transcripts in degrees;
- One (01) notarized translation into Vietnamese of degree appendix (if any);
- In the case of transfer to a university level, the applicant must have proof of a degree and a transcript of the lower level.
- Proof of study abroad period:
- Certified copy of passport to prove the period of study abroad; or
- Certified copy of 01 Decision on sending personnel to study abroad and the receipt decision of the competent authority;
- Receipt of transfer the degree recognition fee.
Step 2: Created an online account
The applicant should create an account at the Portal of the Ministry of Education and Training: https://dichvucong.moet.gov.vn/.
Step 3: Filling an online application
After logging into the Portal, the applicant should choose the administrative procedure “Recognition of bachelor’s degrees, master’s degrees, doctoral degrees and equivalent qualifications issued by foreign educational institutions for use in Vietnam” (code: 1.000915) and fill in all information on the Application form for recognition of degrees issued by foreign institutions.
Step 4: Pay the fee
Pay the degree recognition fee via the account displayed on the Portal of the Ministry of Education and Training.
Step 5: Submit the application
Submit the application within 07 days from the completion of Step 3. The application can be submitted by one of two ways:
Option 1: Submit application electronically
The applicant submits the electronic application (in Step 1) at the Portal of the Ministry of Education and Training through the account created in Step 2 and used in Step 3.
Option 2: Submit application by post
The applicant prints the declared form (in Step 3), signs and writes full name. Then, the applicant submits the application (in Step 1) to Vietnam National Academic Recognition Information Centre of Education Quality Management Agency of the Ministry of Education and Training at the address: Room 101, Building 8C, 30 Ta Quang Buu St., Bach Khoa ward, Hai Ba Trung ward, Ha Noi city.
Step 6: Appraisal from the Center
The Center will verify the degree information and respond within an expected time of no more than 45 days. The response result is a degree recognition letter.
Note: You should make a certified copy of the degree recognition letter before using because this letter is the only original.
Contact us if you need further advice.
Note: This article is for informational purposes only and it is not a legal advice. The content of the article represents its own of TTVN Legal, it subject to change without prior notice.