An e-visa is a visa issued through an electronic transaction with the symbol “EV”. The e-visa is valid for a single entry and is valid for no more than 30 days.
According to Article 19a of the Law on entry, exit, transit and residence of foreigners in Vietnam and Resolution No. 79/NQ-CP, citizens of 80 countries on the list are entitled to apply for e-visas by themselves or through an inviting or guaranteeing agency or organization.
Documents and procedures for applying for an e-visa
1. Procedures for granting an e-visa at the request of foreigner
Step 1: Foreigner who apply for an e-visa do the following:
a) Declare information to apply for an electronic visa, upload his/her photo and passport’s identity page at the e-visa application page;
b) Pay the visa fee to the account specified on the e-visa application page after receiving the electronic file’s code from the immigration authority.
Step 2: Immigration authority considers, processes and responds to applicant via the e-visa application page within 03 working days from the date of receipt of sufficient information and visa fee.
Step 3: Foreigner who are granted e-visa uses the electronic file’s code to check and print the result of e-visa issuance at the e-visa application page.
2. Procedures for granting an e-visa at the request of the inviting or guaranteeing agency or organization
Step 1: The agency or organization that invites and guarantees foreigner shall use an electronic account to access the e-visa application page to apply for an e-visa:
a) Enter the foreigner’s information, upload his/her photo and passport’s identity page. After performing this step, the agency or organization will be provided an electronic file’s code by the system;
b) Then, the agency or organization uses the electronic signature to confirm the requested information;
c) After confirming the requested information, the agency or organization shall pay the visa fee to the account specified on the e-visa application page.
Step 2: Immigration authority considers, processes and responds to applicant via the E-visa application page within 03 working days from the date of receipt of sufficient information and visa fee.
Step 3: Agency and organization accesses the E-visa application page, uses the electronic file’s code to receive the response of the immigration authority and notify the foreigner.
1. The inviting or guaranteeing agency or organization may apply for an e-visa to a foreigner when the following conditions are fully satisfied:
a) Have an electronic account issued by the immigration authority;
b) Having an electronic signature in accordance with the Law on Electronic Transactions.
2. The electronic account registration shall comply with the following regulations:
a) The agency or organization shall send a written request for an electronic account (Form NA19) to the immigration authority. The application for an electronic account can only be made once, unless the content is changed or the account is canceled in accordance with the law;
b) The immigration authority shall reply via a written response and issue an electronic account within 03 working days from the date of receipt of the written request of the agency or organization; In case of refusal to grant an electronic account, a written response will state the reason.
3. The electronic account is canceled at the request of the agency or organization having the account; agencies or organizations whose accounts are reorganized, dissolved, bankrupt or violate the regulations on electronic transactions and immigration management. The immigration authority cancels the electronic account and sends a written notice to the agency or organization having the account.
Contact us if you need further advice.
Note: This article is for informational purposes only and it is not a legal advice. The content of the article represents its own of TTVN Legal, it subject to change without prior notice.