Since November 5, 2021, subjects allowed to enter Vietnam are:
- Vietnamese citizens who enter the country in the form of self-isolation and cover a fee.
- Foreign experts invited or guaranteed by agencies or organizations to enter, work or reside locally and their relatives.
- Foreigners invited by agencies or organizations.
For entry purpose, individual, organizations need to be prepared the qualify documents in case by case, the reference list,
- Written consent of the People’s Committee of the province or city to allow entry.
- Written consent of the People’s Committee and the local health authority to accept the local isolation.
- The document of the 5-Ministry Working Group (Ministries of Foreign Affairs, Health, Police and Public Security and Transport) allows visitors to enter and implement the isolation plan.
- A negative test for covid-19 is made within 3 days before entering Vietnam.
- The isolation plan is accepted.
Vietnam has been opening up its economy after months to apply the restriction of international travel gateways, the Government is urgently drafting the policies and guidelines in a timely manner to issue the favorable conditions for Vietnamese, foreigners enter and exist country smoothly and safely. On Oct 20, 2021, the Government Office has issued Letter No. 7581/VPCP-KGVX to the ministries, requesting
- The Ministry of Health to urgently review, supplement, amend or issue guidelines on testing, isolation and medical monitoring to create the favorable conditions for Vietnamese people to return home, businessmen, experts, high-tech workers and foreigners to enter smoothly and safely.
- The Ministry of Foreign Affairs shall assume the prime responsibility for, and coordinate with the Ministry of Information and Communications and the Ministry of Health, expeditiously agreeing and providing specific guidance isolations to create favorable conditions for Vietnamese and foreigners who have been vaccinated in the country when going abroad.
- The Ministry of Foreign Affairs shall assume the prime responsibility for, and coordinate with the Ministries of Public Security, Health, Culture, Sport and Tourism, Labor – Invalids and Social Affairs and relevant ministries, to urgently agree on a visa plan, epidemiological control of foreigners entering Vietnam in reaching new situations.
We will continue to update immigration policies related to foreigners in accordingly.
Contact us if you need further advice.
Note: This article is for informational purposes only and it is not a legal advice. The content of the article represents its own of TTVN Legal, it subject to change without prior notice.